3 Main Reasons Why Companies Use DuckDuckGo Search API
Have you come across this great tool to integrate to your bussiness but are still unsure whether to seal the deal or not? In this article you’ll find the three main reasons why companies use DuckDuckGo Search API to help you make the right choice! Continue reading below to learn more about it.
DuckDuckGo is a search engine that focuses on protecting users’ privacy. It doesn’t track users or store any personal information. It also doesn’t use any personalized search results or advertisements. Instead, it uses Google’s search results so you get the best of both worlds. You can use the privacy-focused search engine to find the information you need while still benefiting from Google’s powerful search algorithms.
This API, also known as DDG, is a popular Google alternative launched in 2008 with the objective of giving users with anonymous “internet searches” devoid of the filter bubble of personalized search results. Duck Duck Go Inc., which owns and operates DDG, is dedicated to safeguarding users’ privacy by not using cookies, securing data, and masking IP addresses.
As previously stated, the search engine does not save IP addresses. Furthermore, it safeguards your personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, or phone number. The search engine is substantially less popular than Google or Yahoo! in terms of overall search market share. However, more consumers are becoming aware of its presence and, as a result, prefer to utilize it instead of Google.
Nobody knows how many users DuckDuckGo has since, unlike the bulk of other search engines, it does not track them. However, based on the evidence, we can make a plausible guess: DuckDuckGo.com is expected to have 70-100 million users by June 2023. Surveys, download statistics, and anticipated market share are used to make this estimate. Despite being a new participant in a congested industry of search engines, DuckDuckGo’s use implies that it has been improving.
Why Do Companies Choose DuckDuckGo Search API?
While there are many reasons why you should consider using DuckDuckGo, here are some of the most important ones:
- Privacy: DuckDuckGo is a privacy-focused search engine that does not track its users or store any personal information about them. This means that when you use DuckDuckGo to search for something, no one will ever know who you are or what you were looking for online.
- Speed: DuckDuckGo is fast and easy to use. This is because it only uses one tab in your browser and does not require you to log in or create an account.
More About DuckDuckGo Search API
The DuckDuckGo Search API allows developers to add real-time search functionality to their websites and applications. The API provides access to the entire corpus of DuckDuckGo searches, allowing developers to create sophisticated searches across a wide range of terms. The results are returned in JSON format and are quick and easy to understand.
This tool offers several features that make it ideal for developers who want to add quick and simple searches to their applications. Including a number of parameters that can be used for controlling the look and feel of the search results page (e.g., how many results to display per page).
This API also has a feature for highlighting specific news items related to a particular topic.And it’s pretty simple to use! Just follow these simple steps and you’re all set:
- Go to Duck Duck Go Search API and simply click on the button “Subscribe for free” to start using the API.
- After signing up in Zyla API Hub, you’ll be given your personal API key. Using this one-of-a-kind combination of numbers and letters, you’ll be able to use, connect, and manage APIs!
- Employ the different API endpoints depending on what you are looking for.
- Once you meet your needed endpoint, make the API call by pressing the button “run” and see the results on your screen.
Now that you know everything there is to know about this tool, give it a try! The best way to experience DuckDuckGo Search API is by trying it yourself!